Viparita Karani is one of the most grounding and calming poses, which is especially valuable during periods of stress, fatigue and congestion.
This is one of the most grounding and calming poses, which is especially valuable during periods of stress, fatigue and congestion. What is this pose? In principle, its name speaks for itself: you need to lie on your back, with your ischial bones as close to the wall as comfortable. From this position, raise your legs on the wall and stretch them. In therapeutic versions of this posture, bricks can be placed under the pelvis to lift it slightly, creating a slight inversion in the lower abdomen. You can also tie the legs together with a strap to completely relax in this position and not spend effort on holding the legs.
5 health benefits of this pose
- Reduces leg swelling. In this position, you use gravity to your advantage. Especially useful for those who spend a lot of time on their feet or who have flat feet. Feeling tired and swollen? Try the online course against varicose veins.
- Relieves stress on tired leg muscles. This is one of the best ways to get rid of tension in the legs, feet, and even the pelvis - if it is slightly raised and lies on the bricks. If you spend enough time in this pose (you can tie your legs with a strap to better relax), then the effect will be felt immediately as soon as you exit the pose.
- Gives all the benefits of inverted poses, without so much effort. Surely you know how inverted postures are useful - they help regulate blood pressure, change the effect of gravity on the whole body, improve lymph movement and even digestion. However, sometimes Handstand or Headstand require too much effort or are unavailable for various reasons. By placing your feet on the wall, you will get the benefits of an active inverted pose while resting and relaxing.
- She soothes the nervous system very much.. Holding this pose for a long time and combining it with deep and rhythmic breathing, we enter the nervous system into a mode of rest and energy conservation. In this state, our body will actively digest food, and also work to heal and regenerate the body. Over time, you will find that after regular practice of this pose you will feel healthier and calmer.
- She helps calm the mind. By completely relaxing your body and focusing on deep breathing, it will be easier for you to enter a meditative state. A sense of security and support is one of the tools that yogis use to achieve this state of bliss. Breathe, let go and relax - and life will open to you from the other side!
Yoga against varicose veins
Bring back health and lightness to your feet!