Cramped seats on the plane, lack of sleep due to early departure, unhealthy food on the go. How to recover?
Travels are beautiful, but it is impossible to deny that they are also full of inconvenience: cramped seats on the plane, lack of sleep due to an early departure or delayed flight, unhealthy food on the go. We have put together tips to help make your travels less harmful to your beauty and health. Some of them are described in the previous article, and the rest in this one.
- Take healthy snacks with you. Fresh vegetables, fruits, dried fruits, nuts - this will not only protect your wallet, but also your health. If you stock up on natural snacks, you don’t have to buy industrial ones, which probably have too much salt or sugar - and you don’t have to suffer from hunger
- Take food for lunch as well. Instead of eating something on board or having lunch in a cafe at the airport, prepare food at home, pack it and take it with you. So your food will be healthier and fresher - just one that can increase your energy level and ability to fight germs. And if you liked some local food while traveling, you can take it with you as a lunch on your way back
- Move (tip 1). Use the stairs, not the elevator, whenever possible. Ignore the escalators at the airports and go on foot - we are constantly sitting on the plane and on the train. (And remember the comfortable shoes. Let the flip flops and heels stay in the suitcase)
- Move (tip 2). Stretch before starting the journey: Make a forward bend (Uttanasana), then a lateral extension with a hand stretched out above your head (Parshva Uthita Hastasana). To stretch your spine as much as possible, stretch upward, lifting your chest (Utthita Hastasana in Tadasana). If you are worried that everyone is looking at you, then keep in mind that they just want it too)
- Move (tip 3). On the way every couple of hours (or even better - every hour) do twisting while sitting and lateral extension. Finish with arms extended upward, clutching the opposite elbow, deep breathing. Hold for 30 seconds. If the journey is very long, get up every couple of hours to walk around the cabin.
But the most important thing is to relax inwardly and let all planned events and circumstances simply flow through you. As soon as you start to get upset due to unforeseen circumstances, your whole body gives out a stressful reaction. And that is what makes us vulnerable to injuries and illnesses. Traveling is always a surprise, in this, by the way, their charm is crooked. So breathe deeply and consider all surprises as adventures. Taking care of your health along the way, you can enjoy everything that happens, and you will have a sea of positive memories.